Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/usr.bin/find
To: Perry E. Metzger <>
From: Quentin Garnier <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/08/2007 19:05:31

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 01:00:14PM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > As far as I can tell, removing the "-rm" option harms nothing.
> > On the other hand, leaving the current "-rm" option introduces
> > security problem as I said.
> How oes the rm option introduce a security problem?

Why do you think -delete is paranoid?

> >> I'd like us to fix things so everything does what users would
> >> expect, both documentation and code.
> >
> > At least current "-rm" implementaion is incorrect.
> > So what we can do now is to remove the "-rm" option.
> I do not want to see the option removed.

In the over 10 years FreeBSD had -delete, they didn't feel the need to
grow a -rm option.  I say, back out -rm now and continue this appealing
discussion in 10 years.

Quentin Garnier - -
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (NetBSD)