Subject: Re: bashism for ksh
To: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/31/2007 16:53:37
> Alright, I keep the changes private then and I don't have the desire to
> maintain a fork either. EOT.

We still have /bin/sh for keeping to standards.

I think we should extend ksh. As it is now, we don't have a good shell for
using the command line like tcsh or bash or zsh in base.

I use ksh mainly for a year or so, but before I used bash for several
years. ksh has a lot usability problems (such as can't see what I am
typing on long lines) versus bash in my opinion.

I haven't checked to see what mirbsd or openbsd have done (if any) to
improve pdksh.

  Jeremy C. Reed