Subject: Sed Bug ?
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Stephane Engel <stephane.engel@gmail.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/31/2007 11:40:51
Hi list,

before sending a PR, I'd like to know if our sed is buggy or if it's
just a GNUish feature.
I'm trying to merge all the line of a text file in a single line
separate by a "#".
The following GNUsed (from pkgsrc) script just work fine:
    gsed -e ":a;" -e "$!N;s/\n/#/;ta;" < $FILE_IN > $FILE_OUT
the same script with our sed return nothing (empty file/output)
    sed -e ":a;" -e "$!N;s/\n/#/;ta;" < $FILE_IN > $FILE_OUT
    Doing some more testing, it's seem for me that our sed is not able
to join the last line.
Sorry I'm not able right know to test on other Unixes/sed...

Thx

Steph
NB: Please CC me, I'm not subscribing to the list