Subject: Re: proplib(3) in i386 bootstrap
To: None <>
From: Ben Harris <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/10/2007 11:52:08
In article <> you write:
>On Jan 9, 2007, at 12:27 PM, M J Fleming wrote:
>> Should proplib be able to work this early in the boot process?
>It was intended to work in standalone environments, yes.  Perhaps it
>is exercising the standalone memory allocator too hard.  (Note, I
>never actually tested it in standalone -- there could be bugs in some
>of the hacks I had to use to get it to build in that environment...)

FWIW, I experimentally added proplib to the acorn26 bootloader to see if
it would be useful for passing boot parameters to the kernel.  I thus
didn't test proplib_*_internalize(), but creating and externalizing
objects seemed to work correctly.  The only reason boot26 doesn't use
proplib now is that I didn't get around to implementing the additional
boot parameters.

Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26               <>