Subject: Re: proplib(3) in i386 bootstrap
To: SODA Noriyuki <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/10/2007 09:51:15
--2EPcbN/asYWeYp7O

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 05:32:57PM +0900, SODA Noriyuki wrote:
>=20
> > I'm wanting to use proplib for the configuration file and wrote the code
> > to handle this,
>=20
> I don't think proplib syntax is suitable for configuration files which
> will be directly edited by our users.

Then we can provide a utility that goes kind of
"bootconf -w <property>=3D<value>" and shut you up.

Writing parsers is boring, hard to get it sufficiently right the first
time so you won't need to change the syntax, and proplib combines the
advantages of being immediately available on all archs, being almost
usable in standalone code, and, geez, existing.

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--2EPcbN/asYWeYp7O

--2EPcbN/asYWeYp7O--