Subject: Re: admin script for ipfilter
To: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@netbsd.org>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/27/2006 21:40:31
On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 05:37:51PM +0000, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:
> Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:
> [snip]
> > Then again, there seems to be a lot of musing going on here with no clear
> > goal. Or maybe I've just missed the whole point of this threat.
>
> Seconded. Darren, could you ellaborate, please?

If "rcadmin" was to be committed, part of its purpose would be to
search the rc.d directories for "foo", such that "rcadmin enable foo"
would work if foo is in /etc/rc.d or /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d or...(it doesn't
do that yet.)

The name of the game is to make the interface to using the scripts
something else so that you don't need to know the name of the script
or its location, just the the name of the service.

Darren