Subject: Re: admin script for ipfilter
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/27/2006 18:07:17
On Wed, 27 Dec 2006, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> We should make it so that "status" and "enable" don't need to be prefixed
> with "one" if the rc.d script is not enabled.

while talking about wishes: I always wanted 'sh /etc/rc.d/foo start' to do
just that, regardless if i have foo=yes in /etc/rc.conf or not. A possible
way to implement that would be to only check the variable on bootup, e.g.
via a new keyword 'bootstart' or even 'boot' instead of 'start'.

Then again, there seems to be a lot of musing going on here with no clear
goal. Or maybe I've just missed the whole point of this threat.

  - Hubert