Subject: Re: missing #include ?
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/11/2006 08:52:03
On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:40:57 +0100
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 07:58:29PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> >  * how other OSs handle this
>
> This part always created a lot of grieve for me, as e.g. silent
> dependencies are introduced due to the namespace pollution. Check for
> missing includes e.g. of unistd.h in certain C++ programs in pkgsrc.

Namespace pollution may or may not be a problem with certain includes
but that is a different issue not relevant to this one.  Whether the
application includes both headers or it includes only one which in turn
includes the second doesn't have any effect on the namespace issue.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/