Subject: Re: fsck_lfs: prompt before rolling forward?
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hhhh.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/29/2006 13:33:10
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> The patch below makes fsck_lfs if run in interactive mode prompt
> before running the roll-forward pass (pass 6).  It's not always the
> case that one wants to roll forward when using fsck to try to repair
> a filesystem.  Also, if I understand correctly, at least one bug is
> still suspected in the roll- forward code.

Looks good to me.  I think the "at least one bug" is probably in the
kernel rather than in fsck_lfs, but since the checkpoints come out clean
you'll never see the problem except by rolling forward.

I'm thinking about just #ifdef-ing out pass 6 until that bug gets taken
care of, since "fsck -p" doesn't actually *fix* the filesystem, it only
brings it more up-to-date, and that only if you didn't unmount cleanly.

Take care,
 						Konrad Schroder
 						perseant@hhhh.org