Subject: Re: simh and current?
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/27/2006 01:32:48
On Sun, 26 Nov 2006, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
>> http://www2.au.netbsd.org/Documentation/bootcd.html#vaximage
>>
>> Boot keeps dying at:
> [...]
>
> Since you can boot -current from disk, I have to guess this is fallout
> from the replacement of mkisofs with the new in-tree tools for building
> ISO filesystems for install.  I'm not sure how best to help debug this,
> though.

The webpage doesn't list use of makefs instead of mkisofs,
and the VAX port was not changed to use makefs (at least not by me),
only i386 and amd64 were, as far as bootable ISOs are provided in addition
to the floppies.

I guess some more data is needed here where that ISO in question actually
comes from and how it was made, before the tools it was created with can
be blamed.

  - Hubert