Subject: Re: ypserv: discussion of libwrap vs securenets issues
To: Chuck Cranor <chuck@ece.cmu.edu>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/07/2006 19:39:22
--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 03:34:05PM -0500, Chuck Cranor wrote:
> before going into some detail about the libwrap overhead, it is=20
> important to understand that ypserv is a single threaded server=20
> application.   it processes one request at a time.   if ypserv=20
> blocks on a request (e.g. waiting for I/O), then everything stops
> until it unblocks.

Did you confirm that switching off libwrap would actually help
with this?

One solution to this is also to convert ypserv to be threaded
server.

Jaromir=20
--=20
-=3D- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=3D-
-=3D- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=3D-

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L--