Subject: ssp and gcc-4.1
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <email@example.com>
Date: 11/05/2006 15:55:28
I put 3 files on ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/misc/people/christos/ssp/
1. libssp.tar.gz: A BSD licensed re-implementation of GNU's libssp. Questions:
- Do we put this as a separate library or we fold it in libc?
- Why do we need to install libssp-nonshared.a?
- Shouldn't the _FORTIFY_SOURCE stuff and -I/usr/include/ssp
2. libssp-regress.tar.gz: Regression tests for the above. Questions:
- Is it ok that some of the regression tests abort when they
3. libssp-kern.diff: These are non-working diffs to eliminate alloca
and variable array allocations from the kernel. Issues:
- malloc vs alloca performance
- what to do when we cannot sleep
- the constructor stuff will not work in the kernel; we should
call the initializer directly from main?
- should we just compile the files that have variable stack
allocations with -Wno-stack-protector?