Subject: Re: cscope
To: None <>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/03/2006 23:58:16
Hubert Feyrer <> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Chuck Cranor wrote:
>>   I also think we should take advantage of being an open source project
>> and look into providing better indexing of our source tree.  Our current
>> efforts on this front are broken (/var/db/libc.tags is not useful, see
>> PR 34913).  I would like to see us use better tools (e.g. cscope) and
>> provide more coverage (e.g. not just libc).
> What would be the benefit of having this in-tree over installing it
> from pkgsrc?

I don't do development on my production systems, so a prebuilt index
is useless for me there.

On the system that I do development on I have several source trees
that I index with id-utils.

I wonder why we bother to provide any src index at all.

SY, Uwe
--                         |       Zu Grunde kommen          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen