Subject: Re: makefs problem [was: Re: Enabling LFS in sysinst (and moving lfs_cleanerd)]
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/01/2006 16:08:49
On 11/1/06, Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Oct 2006, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> > Mmm, no.  I ran a full release build, then went to
> > distrib/i386/cdroms/bootcd and ran this there:
> >
> > $ nbmake-i386 clean dependall release CDRELEASE=true
> >
> > Seeing the failure I recreated the image by running makefs manually as
> > distrib/common/Makefile.bootcd's "image" target says and it failed the
> > same way.  (That's where I added the 'rockridge' option, but haven't
> > committed it because of the other problem that appeared.)
>
> I've had a look, and it seems that indeed makefs seems to break things. :(
>
> Who's our makefs/cd9660 hacker? (not me!)

According to makefs(8), the code was written by Ram Vedam.  According
to the CVS logs:

revision 1.1
date: 2005/08/13 01:53:01;  author: fvdl;  state: Exp;
cd9660 support. Written by Daniel Watt, Walter Deignan, Ryan Gabrys,
Alan Perez-Rathke and Ram Vedam.

Prototyping, KNF, WARNS=3 by me.

Note that this is marked experimental for now. It works well enough to
make NetBSD/i386 bootable images, but does need more work.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/