Subject: Re: Enabling LFS in sysinst (and moving lfs_cleanerd)
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/31/2006 13:57:34
On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 08:53:35AM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> That would be my preference, too.  See "insist" in my original
> statement :-)  I think our continued reliance on El Torito is nothing
> more than stubbornness.

I think that's pretty unfair.  We're clearly in the middle of a transition
away from the El Torito boot method (see what Hubert just committed to
the Makefiles to build release CDs with makefs) but the work isn't finished
yet, and the pace is going to have to accellerate if releng is to adapt
the autobuild system to use it in time for 4.0.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart