Subject: Re: Enabling LFS in sysinst (and moving lfs_cleanerd)
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/29/2006 20:18:37
On 10/29/06, Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Oct 2006, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> >> (An easy way to have a install-CD already today is by setting
> >> CDRELEASE=true in the CD Makefiles... I guess I'll commit examples for
> >> i386 and amd now, really - have a look at
> >> src/distrib/i386/cdrom/installcd; it requires 'build.sh release' being
> >> done)
> >
> > I tried this before and it did not work.  Yes, it generated the big
> > images but... they were broken.
>
> Just so I understand - I only committed the
> src/distrib/i386/cdrom/installcd dir a couple of minutes ago. It's that
> that doesn't work? (I don't have a build laying around any more to do a
> quick test...)

Mmm, no.  I ran a full release build, then went to
distrib/i386/cdroms/bootcd and ran this there:

$ nbmake-i386 clean dependall release CDRELEASE=true

Seeing the failure I recreated the image by running makefs manually as
distrib/common/Makefile.bootcd's "image" target says and it failed the
same way.  (That's where I added the 'rockridge' option, but haven't
committed it because of the other problem that appeared.)

I can check it again, but I think that mounting the generated image
straight under Linux also exposed the same problems.  (I'm not sure
about the first one but the file name's case was surely not preserved
either.)

(Note that I'm crossbuilding from Linux, but I doubt this matters at all.)

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/