Subject: Re: Enabling LFS in sysinst (and moving lfs_cleanerd)
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/29/2006 20:01:12
On 10/29/06, Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:

> (An easy way to have a install-CD already today is by setting
> CDRELEASE=true in the CD Makefiles... I guess I'll commit examples for
> i386 and amd now, really - have a look at
> src/distrib/i386/cdrom/installcd; it requires 'build.sh release' being
> done)

I tried this before and it did not work.  Yes, it generated the big
images but... they were broken.

For example, after mounting the CD inside the installer, running ls -l
/ shows the i386 directory but says it cannot access the boot and
netbsd files.  The same happens when listing i386/binary, which cannot
be accessed at all.  Strangely, the contents of i386/installation
appear correctly.

I fixed this by adding the 'rockridge' option to makefs (this feels
like a workaround though, because the image should work regardless of
this option).  But then, it did not preserve case (and - were
translated into _) and therefore sysinst was not able to locate the
installation sets...

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/