Subject: Re: postinstall doesn't know about _proxy?
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/22/2006 14:32:09
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> wrote:

> It looks like when the _proxy uid and gid were added, they were left out
> of the postinstall uid and gid tests -- or am I missing something?

postinstall is often lagging, unfortunately. :(

Try running etcupdate(8) after running postinstall.  These days I
guess I really only use postinstall to remove obsolete files
(automatic from sets) and may be for non-trivial updates that involve
files being moved (this type of changes are usually reflected in
postinstall).  Otherwise I use etcupdate - that basicly just diffs
/etc and etc.tgz

SY, Uwe
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen