Subject: Re: Additional features for veriexecgen(8)
To: Matt Fleming <matt@console-pimps.org>
From: Daniel de Kok <danieldk@pobox.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/11/2006 10:52:13
On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 08:52:02PM +0100, Matt Fleming wrote:
> One of the main reasons veriexecgen was rewritten was because we gained
> a _huge_ performance increase by writing the directory walking code in C. This
> suggestion defeats the purpose of the rewrite.

Has anyone benchmarked David's idea (with C veriexecgen) compared to
this approach? Elegance can be a good trade-off to a bit of performance.

At any rate, I think it is a good idea to accept a list of files on stdin.
Both to conform to Unix semantics, and because to me (and likely others)
this is much more intuitive.

(Or maybe it already does, in that case, discard this message.)

-- Daniel