Subject: Re: "default shell" [was: Re: CVS commit: src/usr.sbin/user]
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@NetBSD.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/04/2006 20:24:43
On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 02:50:51PM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:

> It should also support installations on lfs partitions and RAIDframe.  For
> RAIDframe, all the tools are already on the install media (i.e. you can ^C
> from sysinst, setup the raid, re-run sysinst and do a normal install on the
> raid0 device, except for the installboot stage).

RF install has been on my list, but I don't have enough hours in the day.
There are also some awkward questions, at least:
- do you do 1 RF per disk, or one per partition
- what do RF partitions have to look like when they have to be cylinder
  aligned but the RF header is 64 sectors (eg on sparc).

The 'broken mirror' install doesn't actually need RF either....

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk