Subject: Re: "default shell" [was: Re: CVS commit: src/usr.sbin/user]
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Mindaugas <unex@linija.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/30/2006 21:17:46
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:
> I understand that a lot of flaming could be done about all of the
> options, but how about having this decide from NetBSD's project
> management, and then just go with it? (I'm tired of yet another
> discussion without result, obviously).
NetBSD should set their abstract goals. Problem solving should be done
by following those goals.
Anyway, someone must take a decisions - responsible persons, core,
developers voting, or I don't know, but someone must do that. Right
now, IMHO, NetBSD lacks of strong decision making.

Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org> wrote:
> FWIW, I liked the idea suggesting to replace our /bin/csh with tcsh.
I think it is a good idea. tcsh is compatible with csh - the main
NetBSD's shell, it can be friendly and comfortable shell.

--
Best regards,
Mindaugas