Subject: Re: test: ==: unexpected operator
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/23/2006 00:11:26
On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> I like it too, but what would be awesome is an option to force it to
> fail when executed from inside pkgsrc.

For that case I recomment looking for POSIXLY_CORRECT in the Linux
getopt(3) manpage.

I'll also note that our ksh allows == already.

For the rest of you: please keep the bikeshed to your own stuff. In case
you forgot, NetBSD is an operating system to assist users, not force
anyone's politics upon them. If a user wants to use == instead of = and if
there's no strong reason to disallow that, I see no reason for denying
things to him. If you want to convert all the world to POSIX, I wish you
much fun - you'll find a lot to do in NetBSD itself, and then you can
continue with educating all the Linux users and programmers.

  - Hubert
    (geez, Kindergarten!)

--
There are two things that you shouldn't worry about:
things that you can't change,