Subject: Re: Additional swap/dump magic
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/24/2006 02:57:02
>> [...risks of swap autoconfiguration...]
> How about "only autoconfigure swap on disks which have native,
> on-disk, NetBSD disklabels"?

That should help.  I can still see relatively plausible examples of
data loss (for example, a disk has partition setups for two different
uses, eg a-b-e or g-h).  Make it "native on-disk NetBSD disklabels with
nothing but RAW_PART (and the "whole NetBSD partition" - c on i386 -
when applicable) overlapping the relevant swap partition" and you're
even safer.

But that seems to me to rapidly get into diminshing returns.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign