Subject: Re: Additional swap/dump magic
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/24/2006 02:03:03
On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 06:51:47PM -0500, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
>   So, if the disklabel says "swap" for partition x, specifying "auto"
> will use it?  Am I reading that right?

Yes, exactly. Same for wedges autoconfiguring as type "swap".

>   Maybe have a auto_swapconfig=YES that can be turned off to cause swap1 to
> never to the auto config.

Yes, but probably it needs to be three way: auto, yes, no - this would allow
autoconfiguration in addition of explicitly cnfigured swap files for example.

And another variable that controls the autoconfiguration of dump devices
(and the coresponding swapctl option)

>   A "-n" option, to see what would be done w/o doing it, would be nice.

Noted.

Martin