Subject: Re: /var/db/btdev.xml (from source-changes)
To: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/30/2006 21:36:36
[source-changes removed from the distribution list, and reply-to set
to tech-userlevel only, excluding me]

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 06:49:12PM +0100, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jul 2006, Martin Husemann wrote:
[..]

> > The configuration data, which belongs in /etc (and has no config file
> > currently for itself but is only passed via command line arguments) should be
> > split from the database part which could be regenerated automatically from
> > interaction with the bluetooth peer using the config data from /etc.
> >
> > And the /etc part should be in some reasonably human editable format, of
> > course.
>
> Ok, is the output from prop_dictionary_externalize() considered reasonably
> editable by humans?

I don't know and let others answer that part, because I haven't seen an example
yet.

> I will move it to /etc but its going to be next weekend before I can get
> to this as I've some people staying and have no time to play.

Did I get it right that this /etc file will be generated everytime a new
device will be found or the daemon will be started?
If so, then this is not a good thing. My idea was that the file in /var/db
could be done this way, but then a second file in /etc would overwrite the entries
in the /var/db file and not be generated on the fly by the daemon.
That way we can have a dynamic file (/var/db) and a static file (/etc).

Bernd