Subject: Re: XML config file
To: Jason Thorpe <>
From: SODA Noriyuki <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/23/2006 01:29:35
      Jason Thorpe <> said:

>> lack of readability in XML is a major concern.

> I guess I just don't find the XML unreadable.  Again, that may be
> that I'm saturated in it at my Day Job :-)

For me, the readability of XML depends on its schema.
For example, XHTML and DocBook are mostly readable for me (although
I sometimes feels it's somewhat lengthy...).
On the otherhand, I don't think XML RPC format is human friendly,
because it's too redundant and too lengthy.

> But also, I didn't want to create some new format, I wanted to use
> something that was already in wide use...

How about JSON (*1) or YAML (*2), then?
It seems both formats are more compact than XML.