Subject: Re: named before mountcritical in netbsd-3 rcorder(8) ?
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2006.salmi.ch>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/25/2006 21:53:36
Brian A. Seklecki --> tech-userlevel (2006-05-25 13:54:31 -0400):

> Generally, if the primary purpose of the system is as a DNS server you'll
> be using ISC BIND out of Pkgsrc, but in the event that you're not, our
> current /etc/rc.d/named starts before mountall.

The named rc script from the base system and the one from
pkgsrc/net/bind9 have the same rcorder keywords, so there's no
difference in how they are handled by rcorder.

> This makes the assumption that the named chrootdir is available as a
> "criticallocal",

...or as a "criticalremote"...

> thus causing a named/bind to fail at boot.
>
> Possible solutions: mountall could be set to "BEFORE: SERVERS" or change
> named "REQUIRE: mountall".

Why not adding the file system containing the named chrootdir to
`critical_filesystems_local'? IMHO that's the correct solution...

Cheers, Jukka

--
bashian roulette:
$ ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~