Subject: Re: Integrating OCF framework w/ (Net|Free)BSD rc.d
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/18/2006 18:01:45
On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 10:58:52AM -0400, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> I'm not talking about changing any default behavior, I'm asking what the
> best strategy would be to put hooks in place to easily enable
> "compatability" mode.

As I said before, the best approach IMO is to create a wrapper which
calls the real script (e.g. based on $0) and converts the interface.
I don't think putting stuff like "monitor" into a RC script is a good
idea, since it is the wrong place. This doesn't mean that a separate
mechanism e.g. for monitoring daemons wouldn't be a good idea.

Joerg