Subject: Re: userlevel tools and setlocale(3)
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov@tut.by>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/29/2006 01:43:46
> On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 12:24:33AM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 >> Ok, I have a chance. Really, I know about locale(1) wery well.  But I
 >> assume that embedding locale(1) to each locale-specific script is not
 >> the best way to really fix a problem.

> BTW, I consider locale-sensitive scripts to be broken in most cases.
> But that's only a side note.

I know about this.
All my script are oriented to processing natural languages:
Russian, Belarusian, Japanese and others.
Standard UNIX tools gives me locales only.

Keep in mind that enabling strict checking using
environment variables will not affect users that
do not explicitely set appropriate veriable[s].

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.