Subject: Re: Ifconfig
To: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/27/2006 16:32:08
--CI2aGuBiKKQBD/Zo

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 04:31:29PM +0000, Marcin Jessa wrote:
[...]
> The thing is most people seem to want to be able to replace=20
> the old behaviour of ifconfig which requires -a flag to list all the devi=
ces
> with just ifconfig as on most of the other open source operating systems.

For some definitions of "most".

Like for one I really don't understand the fight over this.

And also you should be aware that on Linux, ifconfig !=3D ifconfig -a.
The former doesn't list interfaces that are not up.  Now *that's* what
I call an annoying behaviour.

--=20

--CI2aGuBiKKQBD/Zo

--CI2aGuBiKKQBD/Zo--