Subject: 2.0 and local mail
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/13/2006 13:39:12
How do I get mail delivered locally on 2.0?  I have a 2.0 machine, set
up without any attention paid to mail, on which crontab-generated mail
to root is getting stuck in /var/spool/clientmqueue for reasons I have
not been able to determine.  (It says "Deferred: Connection refused by
localhost.DOMAIN", where DOMAIN is `hostname | sed -e 's/^[^.]*\.//'`",
but I have been totally unable to figure out why it's trying to connect
to localhost.DOMAIN; all my tests with sendmail -bt have resolved to
$#local.  And yes, /etc/mailer.conf points to sendmail.  hostname does
not involve "localhost" in any form.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign