Subject: Remote job support in bin/make
To: None <,>
From: David Laight <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/09/2006 20:39:35
There is code splattered through NetBSD's bin/make that purports to support
'remote jobs'.  This has been there since the code was imported into NetBSD
in 1993. Even if it worked then, I suspect it doesn't work now!

These days programs like 'distcc' are more likely to be useful if you
want a distributed make - since I suspect the support in make would
farm out jobs randomly to the available systems.

To avoid having the code bitrot further, I propose deleting it!
The simplification to the make code can only help its maintainability.

Any objections?

David Laight: