Subject: Re: openbgpd 3.7
To: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Thomas E. Spanjaard <tgen@netphreax.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/23/2006 12:23:22
--------------enigC9CEEFFC85DA0BE801A6E794

David Young wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 09:40:11PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>>>I tend to agree.  With syspkg so close to working, I think this is
>>>precisely the sort of thing that should go into /usr/src though quite
>>>possibly not into the traditional base.tgz tar file.
>>Should we have extras.tgz for such things?  And perhaps move some other
>>very lightly used programs to it?
> How about router.tgz, for all of the lightly-used routing daemons?

I would prefer a router.tgz (or perhaps rather,routedaemons.tgz, or
routetools.tgz) above pkgsrc anyday. However, I have no idea if syspkgs
is anywhere near being finished; it's been years since work on it started.

Please CC me replies made to tech-userlevel@ exclusively, I'm not on
that list (yet? :)).

Cheers,
--