Subject: reviving /etc/disktab?
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Aymeric Vincent <Aymeric.Vincent@labri.fr>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/06/2006 17:44:55
        Hi,

in order to be able to mount (r/o) an Amiga floppy disk through a
vnconfig + mount_ados, you need to get the geometry and the
bsize,fsize,cpg values right because this information is used to
locate the root block of the disk.

This has to be provided in a disktab(5) file.

Would there be interest in reviving /etc/disktab? I think it's nice to
have it common to all platforms, but it's a pity that it's empty.

Would anyone object if I added the entries I want for the Amiga floppy
disks to it? This would mean that other people are likely to follow
this.

With the name changed to something sensible (amigaddfloppy for
example), here is an entry that would be nice to have.

amflop:Amiga Double Density Floppy:\
	:ty=floppy:se#512:nt#2:rm#300:ns#11:nc#80:\
	:pa#1760:oa#0:ba#512:fa#512:ta=ADOS:\
	:pb#1760:ob#0:\
	:pc#1760:oc#0:

Regards,
 Aymeric

PS: I saw that they were ditched 3 years ago and that some of them
    (not the one I want) are provided in /usr/share/examples/disktab/.