Subject: Re: better signal delivery to threads
To: None <>
From: Zeljko Vrba <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/22/2005 21:27:06

Matthias Drochner wrote:
> leftover of another script executed previously, or perhaps
> related to logging) which don't block the signal in question,
IIRC POSIX, this is OK - any thread not blocking the signal can receive it.

> (This might be technically not the fault of NetBSD's libpthread.
hm.. did you try to report this to the Python mailing list? I think it's
more appropriate place. why patch kernel if the SW running on it is broken?

[and I'm pretty, although not 100%, sure that NetBSD is _not_ at fault

> Using threads and signals to processes together is just a bad idea.
indeed :)

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (FreeBSD)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -