To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/22/2005 12:45:41
>> Usually (Mailman does it), the confirmation Email provides an
>> activation Link, where I just have to click on it,
> Of course many of us don't use point-and-click MUAs, so having to
> follow a link just to get subscribed would involve more actions from
> the user.  I think replying with the authtentication scheme is just
> fine -- you can do it easily with every kind of MUA.

Sure, but the basic point was not about *replacing* email confirmation,
but *adding* Web confirmation.

We may not want to do that, of course (two possible reasons have
already been mentioned on this thread), but liking email confirmation
is not a reason to avoid adding Web confirmation unless you're afraid
that once the Web confirmations come in, they'll push the email
confirmations out.  While I could, maybe, see that happening, I can see
it happening only in circumstances in which it'll happen regardless of
such concerns.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign