To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/22/2005 17:53:38
On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 05:44:08PM +0200, Zafer Aydogan wrote:
> To subribe to a NetBSD Mailing List, I have to confirm the subscription by
> replying an Email, where I have to copy & paste a String into the new Mail.

No, you just have to reply and edit the response slightly.

The only difference to mailman that I see is that the latter accepts the
activation key in the Subject (and ignores the prepended "Re: "), so the
content of the message does not matter.

Anyway - never change a winning team. If we ever (for whatever reason) replace
majordomo by something else, we could discuss this issue further. Right now
I don't see any move in such a directions and majordomo does not seem to
provide the feature you ask for.

Martin