Subject: Re: nightly report disk info to <80 columns?
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/21/2005 18:13:14
--uQr8t48UFsdbeI+V

On 2005.08.21 11:23:28 +0000, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
|=20
| Right now, our nightly reports for disk always have the top line say:
|=20
| Filesystem    Size      Used     Avail Capacity  iused    ifree %iused  M=
ounted on
|=20
| which is more than 80 columns.
|=20
| Any objections to passing this through sed 's/Mounted on/Mount/' by
| default to make it fit in less than 80 columns?

Hmm, this seems to be related to how df(1) prints the header.
Doing a simple 's/Mounted on/Mount/' won't solve the problem because when
you remove the '-h' option passed to df(1), you'll get the following header:
<snip>
Filesystem  512-blocks      Used     Avail Capacity  iused    ifree  %iused=
  Mounted on
</snip>
where not even the full word 'Mounted' will fit.

What about removing file system size/used/avail/capacity from df -i ?

		-- Rui Paulo

--uQr8t48UFsdbeI+V

--uQr8t48UFsdbeI+V--