Subject: iconv, profiling and static linking
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/16/2005 21:27:24

I'm developping on NetBSD 2.0.2 and, since NetBSD 2.0 XSI iconv are
integrated in libc.

I was trying to profile a program using iconv functions and this failed.

On---I think---a related note, when verifying that a static
compilation (for targeted system for which I have not developped
configuration files and that are supposed to default to POSIX i.e.
without a dynamically shared version of my provided libraries)
succeeded, an all static (not only the compiled libraries but libc
too) iconv_open() failed. Is the iconv stuff relying one way of the
other on dshared stuff?

Thanks for any tip.
Thierry Laronde (Alceste) <tlaronde +AT+ polynum +dot+ com>  |