Subject: iconv, profiling and static linking
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: None <tlaronde@polynum.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/16/2005 21:27:24
Hello,

I'm developping on NetBSD 2.0.2 and, since NetBSD 2.0 XSI iconv are
integrated in libc.

I was trying to profile a program using iconv functions and this failed.

On---I think---a related note, when verifying that a static
compilation (for targeted system for which I have not developped
configuration files and that are supposed to default to POSIX i.e.
without a dynamically shared version of my provided libraries)
succeeded, an all static (not only the compiled libraries but libc
too) iconv_open() failed. Is the iconv stuff relying one way of the
other on dshared stuff?

Thanks for any tip.
--
Thierry Laronde (Alceste) <tlaronde +AT+ polynum +dot+ com>
http://www.kergis.org/  |  http://www.kergis.com/