Subject: [Summer of code] Proposal : a Sftp server
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Aris Adamantiadis <aris@0xbadc0de.be>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/14/2005 22:46:51
Hello there.
I am Aris, the author of libssh ( http://0xbadc0de.be/?part=libssh ), a ssh
client library. I'd like to participate to Summer of code, and I hope I
mailed the good mailing list.
I've already sent my application to netbsd, but i'd like your advices and
thoughs on the project.

My project would be to create a sftp server, that is, a file transfer protocol
over SSH. It would use libssh server (which has to be coded).
The interest of doing another one sftp server is the fact that there is only
one FOSS sftp server (namely, openssh) and the fact that this server is not
suitable for some problems that are usualy handled by popular standard FTP
server :
-Anonymous accounts
-Jailing user accesses
-ACL on file access not based on standard FS acls
-File transfer logging
etc.
I would be happy to receive feedback on how you perceive this projet and what
you think about it.
Thanks,

Aris