Subject: Re: scan_ffs from OpenBSD ported and improved.
To: <>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/10/2005 10:19:10
On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Bang Jun-Young wrote:

> Juan RP wrote:
>>> - Most NetBSD utilities don't have '-h' for help, while this one does.
>>
>> Should "-h" be removed then?
>
> When you need help, man(1) is your friend. :-)
>
> I vote for removing '-h'.

I'm piping in without reading the sources, but sometimes a quick -h is
more informative than a confusing man page. Sometimes I just need a
reminder as to which flags to use (lsof and tcpdump come to mind). OK,
so those aren't NetBSD utilities, but you get the idea.

I think newfs and disklabel or something were that way, too. I used the
-h a lot this past week.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com