Subject: Re: PATCH: init(8) - multiuser under chroot
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/06/2005 15:09:35
On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 23:39:16 +0200, Lubomir Sedlacik writes:
>On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 08:41:14AM -0700, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
>> FWIW getttyent isn't the reason I chroot init. =20
>> I do it for the simplicity.
>
>it looks more like simplistic than simple to me.  why cripple the
>functionality when it's already there and works? (in jachym's patch)

a/ my setup predates this by a couple of years.
b/ I don't support my customers doing that, so the extra complexity
   would buy nothing.
c/ my current setup makes it simpler to document the states that the
   system can be in - helps when being validated for FIPS and common
   criteria.   Simple is good.

--sjg