Subject: Re: scan_ffs from OpenBSD ported and improved.
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/06/2005 14:06:48
On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 13:44 +0200, Juan RP wrote:
> Hi, finally I've fixed all problems I had reported in my previous email
> "Porting scan_ffs from OpenBSD", the following is the example of
> this utility to find FFSv2 partitions with different blocksizes:
[...]
> Please test and review, I'd want to commit this on the next days if there isn't
> any objection.

>From a very quick review, I see:
- Auxiliary functions are not static.
- Inconsistent spacing: there are some commas with a space after them,
  while others don't have it; there are multiple operators without
  spaces around them while others have it; etc.
  See /usr/share/misc/style.
- Functions that return values which are discarded should be prefixed
  with (void).  I.e., (void)printf("blah");
- Options in getopt should be sorted alphabetically.
- Most NetBSD utilities don't have '-h' for help, while this one does.
- Where are the patches to modify the build infrastructure to build the
  utility?
- And the manual page?

Cheers,

--