Subject: Re: scan_ffs from OpenBSD ported and improved.
To: Juan RP <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <email@example.com>
Date: 06/06/2005 14:06:48
On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 13:44 +0200, Juan RP wrote:
> Hi, finally I've fixed all problems I had reported in my previous email
> "Porting scan_ffs from OpenBSD", the following is the example of
> this utility to find FFSv2 partitions with different blocksizes:
> Please test and review, I'd want to commit this on the next days if there isn't
> any objection.
>From a very quick review, I see:
- Auxiliary functions are not static.
- Inconsistent spacing: there are some commas with a space after them,
while others don't have it; there are multiple operators without
spaces around them while others have it; etc.
- Functions that return values which are discarded should be prefixed
with (void). I.e., (void)printf("blah");
- Options in getopt should be sorted alphabetically.
- Most NetBSD utilities don't have '-h' for help, while this one does.
- Where are the patches to modify the build infrastructure to build the
- And the manual page?
Julio M. Merino Vidal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The NetBSD Project - http://www.NetBSD.org/