Subject: spell(1): starting from scratch?
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Igor Sobrado <igor@string1.ciencias.uniovi.es>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/16/2005 11:06:54
Hello.

I am working on a spell(1) command.  This code will be contributed
to The NetBSD Foundation.  If possible, I will work on a hashmake(1),
spellin(1) and hashcheck(1) commands too -but I am not aware about
how these commands calculate their hashes, in other words, what digest
funtion is used for these commands-.

I am writing a spell(1) command from scratch (I have some knowledge
about how spell(1) works on old BSDs).  Should I look for the Berkeley
version instead?  (I think that this version is under a license from
Caldera International Inc.)

At this moment, I am working on a prototype writen from scratch and
it looks nice.

Cheers,
Igor.