Subject: Re: replacement for bc(1), dc(1), diff(1), and diff(3)
To: Igor Sobrado <igor@string1.ciencias.uniovi.es>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/17/2005 21:45:30
--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 12:49:39PM +0200, Igor Sobrado wrote:
>=20
> It is not a "political" or licensing-related issue.  I think that
> these BSD commands are better from a technical point of view (of course,
> these commands are NOT perfect!) and sharing code will greatly improve
> both operating systems.  It was called "cross pollination" by Luke
> Mewburn; I call it simply "synergy".

If these commands still need work, how is it they are better from a=20
technical point of view? We didn't start this conversation talking about=20
this feature or that feature being better in the *BSD versions as I=20
recall, but about what needs to be done to get them good enough to go into=
=20
NetBSD.

So it seems like it really is a "political" issue. There can be good=20
reasons for this, but please let's not confuse the issue.

Take care,

Bill

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK--