Subject: Re: spamd (was Re: CVS commit: src/etc)
To: None <jwise@draga.com>
From: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/12/2005 08:57:55
> >i can understand why you want to rename it.
> >however, i don't think it's worth to do.
>
> You keep saying this, but you haven't actually told us why you think it
> is not worth it.  You've made vague noises about `conflicts', but that's
> all.

well, i've tried to explain why i think so.
sorry if it just yields noises to you.

> I've just done this.  spamd is now pfspamd.  spamdb is now pfspamdb.
> spamd-setup is now pfspamd-setup.  There _were_ no changes required to
> the code.  Period.

ignoring Martin Husemann's suggestion?
and you will need to change the code later as you admitted the below?

> Tomorrow morning, I will be committing changes to pfspamd to use
> /etc/pfspamd.conf and /var/chroot/pfspamd, and to rename spamlogd to
> pfspamlogd, for consistency.  This requires two lines of
> changed code under src/dist/pf.

don't forget about usage(), syslog ident, service name, group name, etc.

> If you would like, I hereby volunteer
> to resolve any and all conflicts which spring up in those two lines.

good to hear.  please feel free to add yourself to doc/RESPONSIBLE.

YAMAMOTO Takashi