Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: Luke Mewburn <>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/15/2005 09:17:49
>But as Christos said, we still need to explicitly list the
>dependencies in our Makefiles (LDADD, DPADD, ...) in the users of

Probably off topic, but for some time now I've used a which
gets included by bsd.{prog,lib}.mk and handles lots of the grotty details
of this sort.  Eg. you can just do

and will ensure that DPADD and LDADD are updated accordingly.
This is perhaps more important in our build at work where we actually
never install anything anywhere - so dpadd also has to add things like:

LDADD+= ${DPADD:R:H:S/^/-L/}

and also adds appropriate -I's (that's a tad complex).

If you are considering an overhaul, this could be a useful addition.
There's a simple version of included in pkgsrc/devel/mk-files