Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: Christos Zoulas <>
From: Greywolf <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/10/2005 13:24:05
[Thus spake Christos Zoulas ("CZ: ") 10:16am...]

CZ: There was no need before then, because libcrypto had a copy of libcrypt
CZ: compiled into it.

Perhaps you can enlighten me, then, as to what is going wrong, after an
attempted build:

./ -M /build/arch/i386/obj -D /build/arch/i386/root distribution
(eventually dies with something like)

-lcrypto not found (Perhaps you need "-Wl,-R..."something)

(It's the same message I posted a while ago, although my public mk.conf
file appears not to have been updated, so disregard it).

*** Error code 1
yada yada yada

I'm building with "MKDYNAMICROOT=no" (or however it's supposed to be;
it's the right one in spite of my vaguary here, trust me...).

Has static linking actually been unofficially flushed down the crapper?
(Please say "no"...)