Subject: using sysctl.h
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu@rinta-aho.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/11/2005 16:01:28
Hi all,

don't know if this is the correct list (I'm using -current),
but I have the following problem:

I have a user level application that includes sysctl.h
just to be able to set sysctl variables (turn off and
on ip forwarding for example). Well, sysctl.h includes
proc.h which in turn includes signalvar.h, in which
is written "not exported to user programs", and I get
compilation error:

In file included from /usr/include/sys/proc.h:52,
                  from /usr/include/sys/sysctl.h:46,
                  from ec_bsd.c:25:
/usr/include/sys/signalvar.h:69: error: parse error before "CIRCLEQ_HEAD"
/usr/include/sys/signalvar.h:83: error: parse error before '}' token
In file included from /usr/include/sys/sysctl.h:46,
                  from ec_bsd.c:25:
/usr/include/sys/proc.h:237: error: field `p_sigctx' has incomplete type

Now, what should I include/define to get this working?

BR,
Teemu

P.S. Please cc: me as I don't subscribe to this list