Subject: re: CVS commit: src
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/08/2005 07:38:28

   I see two reasons for wanting it default on.

   1) Things that are default off rot. MKHTML was default off, and lo, it
      rotted.

it was always rotten as far as i could tell.  the bugs wiz has been
documenting have always existed in mdoc2html.  (i take the point in
general, tho.)

   2) Many people actually would make use of the thing -- although we
      supply no web browser in the base install, it is a rare machine
      that doesn't actually come with one.

man.netbsd.org?

don't get me wrong.  i really like the functionality.  i just don't
see it having a default place in netbsd...

.mrg.